Bellies to Babies is a free resource program for pregnant women and families in Cranbrook and the surrounding area. We offer education and support through the prenatal period and postpartum up to one year. We support our participants by providing drop in group sessions, individual support, nutritious meals, food support, vitamin supplements, as well as maternity and baby items when available. A light lunch and childminding is provided during group sessions. Bellies to Babies is proudly funded by Interior Health, the United Way, and the Community Connection Society of SE BC.
COVID-19 Update: June 16, 2020
Bellies to Babies
Outreach and 1:1 sessions available by appointment. You can call our office at 250.489.5011 or call/text our cells: 250.919.2679 (Jenn, HSW, Family support) ; 250.421.0872 (Becca, RN, Program coordinator). Online groups occurring on a weekly basis (Contact Jenn or Becca for links). Check out our Facebook page, Bellies to Babies Pregnancy and Family Resource Program, for updates and digital resources.
Interior Health Prenatal Classes
Due to COVID-19, in-person groups are currently on hold. We are still offering online resources. Please contact Becca Nicholson, RN at 250.489.5011 for more details.
- Food and Vitamin Supplements
- Maternity and baby items
- Nutritious lunches
- Special events and field trips
- Individual discussion time with staff
- Home visits upon request
- Connecting to others in a similar situation – Dad’s welcome
- Childcare on-site (during drop-in programs only)
- Registration for labour and delivery, breastfeeding classes and hospital tour
- Transportation (as needed)
- Access to educational resources
- Referrals and many other services
Please feel free to drop by and see what Bellies to Babies has to offer you and your family.